Emergency Management Agency
The Fayette County Emergency Management Agency is responsible for mitigation, preparedness, response, and recovery activities for the county, assisting municipalities, cities, and townships, to be prepared in the case of catastrophic disaster in their respective jurisdictions.
The agency is also responsible to insure that the county is in compliance with the Illinois Emergency Management Agency (IEMA), the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), to assure requirements for maximizing preparedness, grant availability, to enhance the safety of the residents, and reduction of property damage through mitigation.
EMA Volunteer Teams:
* Communications (Amatuer Radio Operators)
* Storm Spotter Team
* Underwater Search and Rescue Team
* Ground Search and Rescue Team
* Emergency Operations Center Team
* Resources Team - Includes procurement, human resources, warehousing, sheltering, food service, disbursement, equipment, and reunification
The Fayette County EMA has many volunteers along with many openings. We are always recruiting. Requirements to become a volunteer are;
- Must be 18 yrs. of age
- Must be a Fayette County resident
- Must have no Felony Convictions
Volunteers are needed for all disaster related activities.
Training is offered at no cost.
Links to obtain Disaster Preparedness Information:
* Illinois Emergency Management Agency (IEMA) - click here
* Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) - click here
* National Weather Service - click here